Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Well, today was little Missy M's first ice skating lesson. She did SOOO good! Man, do kids listen so much better when their mom's aren't the ones teaching, talking, etc. She has 2 little boys in her class. Today she learned how to stomp on the ice with her skates so she could move by herself across the ice and how to fall on her butt. Oh, she was so cute out there. Next week I will bring my camera.
Tomorrow she's got swimming. Quite the little socialite we have.
It was a good day for her and me. She only had a few little meltdowns over 1.) wanting to go to Target (a child after my own heart:) 2.) me putting away the crafts (it was crafty tuesday here at the michaels's household 3.) not wanting to change her poopy diaper (had to actually pin her down).
Sometime this week I will post the photos of our crafts and arts day today. We made little animals from those fuzzy balls and googly eyes.
Oh, I was going to mention that while she was out on the ice today, the teacher asked her if she had any pets at home. She said no and I thought back to my post yesterday about how I said she doesn't think of her dead fish as pets....maybe we'll have a discussion on this tomorrow cuz technically fish ARE pets. Maybe they are pets for people who's mom's and dad's won't let them get a dog or cat. Come to think of it, that's why we had fish too as kids. My child is being deprived of a real pet. Not that fish aren't real pets, but they aren't the same as dogs and cats. You know what I mean.

No comments: