Monday, December 22, 2008

I just made Madison this super cute personalized video from Santa. You can watch it here:
http://portablenorthpole.sympatico.msn.ca/watch/a8e07a64ce26ed892440aecfcf6bade7
She is going to be so excited to see it! Do you know that she asked me the other day, "mom, are you Santa?". I was so shocked. A 3 yr old should not be asking this question. The only thing I can think of is one of the kids in her daycare said something to her. My response to her was "Do I LOOK like Santa?" She said nope and must of started believing again. Anyways, I can't wait to watch her watch this video and see what she says! Who'd a thunk that Santa sends out videos to kids on the internet! We went to Cub Foods yesterday and Mr. AND Mrs. Clause where there and Madison was freaked out hiding behind my legs. Then they tried to give her a piece of candy and I had to tell them no thank you (her teeth). Maybe next year she'll want something to do with the clauses. I wonder if she'll get afraid watching her video? I think she'll be fine.
Not much going on today. Madison is at daycare. We bought Sharon her present (bought her some gift certs to kohls and cheesecake factory) today for Christmas. I don't remember if she takes the kids on Christmas eve day or not. It doesn't effect us as Madison is not there on Wed. HEY...is Christmas eve tomorrow or Wednesday? I better go look...hang on....okay, it's wednesday. Whew. I guess it wouldn't be a big deal if it were tomorrow. There's nothing I have to do more really. I am cleaning (well, I am taking a little breaky-break from cleaning) today. I should just wait to clean tomorrow night or even Wednesday morning because it's just going to get messy again before Wednesday/Christmas Eve. It doesn't pay to clean beforehand. I guess a little bit before hand but surely not 2 days before. I am trying to finish laundry though.
I ran to Target today already. I was there before the doors opened today. They know me in there...some of the cashiers and for sure the starbucks guy. Wouldn't you say that is slightly embarsassing that workers from Target know me? I had to buy paper towels. I found a cute vest on sale for 12 bucks. I had a 5 dollars gift cert so it really only costed 7 dollars! Wow, am I good when it comes to a good deal. I might wear it on Christmas eve. I guess it's not really party wear, but ask me if I care. Cuz I don't. Guess I don't have anything else to wear really so that just may be it. Stay tuned. Wjat was I talking about? Oh yes...Target. I thought that they had holiday hours and opened before 8 am. I was there at 7:50 am so it wasn't a big deal but I DID have to get out of my car twice. And it's awefully cold out there today. When Steve left for work I had him start the truck so I could go take Maddie to daycare. I let it warm up a good 1/2 hour before I'd get in it. Too cold.
Oh shoot...I forgot to get some BBQ sauce for our meatballs. Maybe I"ll get that tomorrow. It'll give me and Madison something to do. That is sad that we have nothing to do except go get some BBQ sauce. The other day we ran all the way to Target (see, I am there all the time) to go buy a puzzle for us to do because we have nothing else to do.
Oh...I also had to get Madison's new medication. They had to UP her medication because her levels were elevated from her blood test. Dang, that means she needs to get blood drawn again soon. This is the first time we have had to change her dose of meds. Even though her levels were up, I still don't see any symptoms from her. We really have never have seen any symptoms of hypothyroidism from her. Which is good. The doctor said she must not be sensitive then. They asked us that the last time we were in. She went from 25 mmg to 37.5 mmg. They only have a 75 pill so we need to split it. She's probley not getting excatly the same amount every night becuase it crumbs off abit. I guess overall she is probley just a bit under her recommended dose.
Her teeth are better. Man, has she milked every situation using her teeth as the excuse. I do know that somewhat bother her because she'll start to cry out of the blue and say her teeth hurt but then there's times like eating dinner she'll use the excuse too.....I can tell when she's faking it and not faking it. The real times are pretty rare now. She goes into see her dentist on January 6th for her post operation checkup. Hopefully all is well. Boy, do we brush our teeth alot. And I do mean WE. I am brushing almost everytime with her so I am going to guess that hopefully I won't have any cavitites the next time I go in. She'll brush at night and then want to eat something and we tell her then she needs to brush her teeth again. So she does. Most of the time she just won't eat what ever it is she wants because she doesn't want to brush again but sometimes it happens. Regardless, she's brushing her teeth alot and that's great! We even floss for her. Which is kinda hard. She lies down on the couch and I or Steve does it that way. Works out pretty good. She usually doesn't let you get her whole mouth done but we try to do this everynight.
Well, can't think of anything else to say but go check out her video from Santa. It's really cute. If you have little kids you should go make one too. I can't wait to watch Madison watch it!

No comments: