Thursday, May 1, 2008

Yep..here I am on crutches. What did I do you ask? I got a kite injury. We were down at the park last night flying a kite and I turned around to run with the kite and I pulled a calf muscle. The doctor thinks that I tore the actual calf muscle fibers. How gross is that? I heard and felt a "pop". How gross. Anyways, it's literally a pain in the ass with first, trying to walk and now second, trying to use crutches and 3rd, trying to "take it easy"...yea right, when have I ever taken it easy? It's VERY hard to sit still. Poor me. It took me 38 years to get my first pair of crutches. Madison was funny last night because she was imitating me walk. Anyways, I am sure these crutches aren't the most body flattering thing in the world....of course I am worrying about that! Oh, which brings me to the point that do you people realize that I can't work out at all? This is horrible, just completely horrible. Once again, not that you can even tell that I work out, but OhMyGod....now I can't work out. This is not how I envisioned summer would start. I don't know how long this is going to last. God, I have a feeling it's going to take a long time to heal. Maybe if I walk around with the crutches alot it will burn calories or at least keep (first it has to get) my arms fit. Oh, then today I found out my gym is closing down. This is my cute little gym right by my house. Oh, what a horrible day for news. This means my tanning bed is going away. I can't possibly drive far just to go tanning. Yes, people...this is the stuff I worry about. I will TRY to look at all this positive. But it's sooo hard. Poor me. I am having a pity party for myself. I just hope it doesn't take too long to heal. sigh.
This weekend we are going down to Jim and Alexis's house. Grandma Gracie is going to watch Madison. It should be fun. It's too hard to bring Madison down to their house.......or to anyone's house. She just gets into everything and is so loud! Anyways, it'll be nice to get away for a day/night or so. Talk to you all later!

No comments: