Wednesday, December 19, 2007

aaarrgh, I can't sleep at ALL! It's been a long time since I have stayed up this late. Not sure why I get like that but I have always done this my whole life. Anyways.....I am even bored of the computer believe it or not. There really is only so much you can do on the computer, ya know!
I haven't said anything about Madison's latest with the bladder/kidney infection stuff. She is all better from the bladder infection but the doctor's want to do a kidney test on her because her right kidney is a little smaller than the left. Needless to say, we have been very disappointed with how this whole issue has come about because after we had the ultrasound done, they never called us back to let us know anything and then when I called finally to get the results they put me through the "red tape" of saying that nothing was faxed over so I needed to call the uroloigists and then when I called the urologists, they insisted they already had and I needed to then call them back and tell them they had already done it. Then the doctors/nurses didn't know anything still and said they would call me back. So they called and said that her right kidney was slightly smaller than her left kidney but it shouldn't be a concern. Then a week later I got a call saying "pick up her referral to the surgeon's office"....OF COURSE I called there asking what this was about and they didn't know but that was why we should bring her to the referral. So when I called to make the appointment "greg at the front desk" wanted to know why she is being referred and I said because her right kidney is smaller than her left, and he said what other tests have even been done besides the ultrasound and I said NONE! He transferred me to their nurses line to tell them that he doesn't know how to schedule Madison. FINALLY the nurse called me back and said they want this test done and yes, it will be tramatizing with a cathidar but they can give her laughing gas while putting the cather in but not for the whole procedure.........and although the nurse was really nice I asked her what are the concerns with her kidney being smaller and why would she be put through this to find out what? Anways....there was alot more questions and "what if's" and I said I perfer not to put her through an unnecessary test like this and I would need to talk to my husband before I make any appointments.....Anways....Steve and I both discussed this and we have decided that we will not put Madison through this test unless there is another reason down the line to put her through that. We just can't do it because we know what she had was a bladder infection and there were NO signs of anything kidney related. She took the medication for the bladder infection and just like when I have had one, the meds take about 1 day to work which they did on her and she's never had a problem since. We are both sure it is because we probley wiped the wrong way when she went poopies. We are both content with our decision on this. Poor little Madison. You can't always trust what the doctor's say and sometimes need to use your own judgement. Which we BOTH are in this case. I am sure they do not like it when a parent goes against their wishes but sometimes it is necessary. I trust my instincts a hell of a lot and with Steve backing that up it's even more so.
Oh, I hear the little boogers up.....maybe I am typing too loud.

Here's a layout I made of us making cookies on Saturday afternoon....

No comments: