Thursday, September 18, 2008


Not much happened today! Madison was at daycare. She said she didn't want to go. But then she was happy when she got there. Just dropped her off, and there ya go....she's at daycare:) Just like that. Anyways, didn't do too much today. I ran to Southdale and bought my Elizabeth Arden make up. Actually just the foundation. It costed me 34 bucks. That's okay that I had to pay that because I can not stand using Target crap anymore. Just too crappy of stuff at Target. I have been meaning to buy good stuff for a long time now and finally got around to doing it. I can tell that I haven't been shopping at a store for a long time. I was looking through clothes and OMG, the cost of clothes. Granted, I was shopping at Macy's but still. I guess they probley weren't too expensive but too much for me right now. I ended up buying a tshirt from Kohls for 12.99. I really need to make a rule for myself that I don't buy anymore sweatshirt, tshirt, jogging outfits anymore. It's hard to because what do I really need to dress up for? Sure, I'd like for my husband to come home and say, "gee, you look great today"....but that's not really how it goes in our household. Sure, every once in awhile Steve will say something but it's like hit or miss and not sure exactly what he's commenting on because sometimes it can be something nice I have on or sometimes it can be sweat stuff on. Not sure what floats his boat. I should know....okay, when I wear my hair down. He likes that. I guess that's when he comments me. Probley cuz I always have it in a ponytail. I try really hard to wear it down but it's so much more comfortable wearing in a ponytail. Boy, I got off on a tagent there, didn't I? All I meant to say is I got some makeup at Macys. That was it...and then I went off.

Alexis came out to stay with us because she leaves for Iraq on Sunday and she's expected to show up at her naval base in St. Paul tomorrow and Saturday. She doesn't actually leave for Iraq...she leaves for Virginia first and does training there with M16's and 9mm guns. Scary or what? I know I am not cut out for the armed forces, but just to hear that you are training with those guns because you'll be carry them on you is scary shit.

Oh my god, Steve just scared the crap out of me. I head something or someone say something or made a noise but I wasn't sure what and then I saw him (or someone) walk out of the dark (into the bathroom).....I screamed out. My heart is beating a million miles an hour. Geez.

Anyways, Alexis wanted to buy some sheets for her bed out in Iraq (she got tipped off). I talked her into getting some 400 thread count sheets. Told her she needs to treat herself since she is leaving. I told her, "I'd be buying myself presents right and left because I'd feel sorry for myself for having to go to Iraq". Now she can feel homey and comfortable in her bed. I told her "there's nothing like doing a day of machine guns and coming home to kick back and take a nap on your 400 thread count sheets!" ha! Then I laughed at myself for quite awhile. I thought that was so funny.

No comments: