Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Sorry that I haven't posted for a few days....my brother-in-law Todd has had a stroke. He is in the hospital and they tried to get the bloodclot out of his brain but they weren't successful in getting the whole thing out. Not really sure what they do now. There is a 6 hour time frame they have to try to work on the brain before they have to be done with what ever they are doing. He has been told just how lucky he is to be alive. They are going to take the tube out tonight and see if he is able to swallow. Inspite of it all, he is able to move arms and legs and still has a sense of humor. To be honest, they aren't sure of the extent of the stroke yet. Not really sure of anymore details. We were at the hosptial all day yesterday. He is still in the ICU and will remain there until tomorrow. I'll keep you updated as I find out what's happening. He's only 49.
UPDATE: They went to check Todd's heart because he does have an irregular heart beat and did have open heart surgery when he was 42/43 and they just found another blood clot sitting on the valve. They are going to try to dissolve it chemically. That's all I know.
Please say a prayer for him.

No comments: